Thursday, September 2, 2010

I Need HELP!

“I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? “My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip, He Who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm- He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming in and going out both now and forevermore.” Psalm 121

Some days are harder than others. On all days, whether good or bad, it is good to remember that our Heavenly Father is diligently watching over us. He is shading us from the hot burning rays of the “sun”, which could represent trials or challenges that are draining our energy and causes us to suffer. This psalm reminds us that the Creator of all things is our Helper. Wow! Just pause and think about that for a moment and see if it doesn’t just send a wave of peace over your soul. Our loving caring God stands guard over us when we are tired, He is watching over our entire life from beginning to end. He sees everything that may be coming towards us, and He places His powerful arms around us and gathers us up like baby chicks under His wings for protection. He is watching when you leave your home in the morning until you return at night. His watchful Eye is ever keeping track of us, and that is comforting to me when I feel alone, discouraged, or beaten down.

Be blessed today in simply KNOWING that God is your Help and that you need nothing or no one else to stand with you if you are in the midst of crying out. Are you lifting your eyes to the hills asking the same question as David did- Where is my help coming from?

God is answering you this day…. He is saying “I AM here. I AM with you. I AM your Help, I AM your watchman, I AM always awake, there is nothing that can escape my gaze. I AM so in love with you, my child. I AM here with you now and forevermore.”

Selah

Sister, Lahoma

No comments:

Post a Comment