Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Our Own People

"On their release, Peter and John went back to their own people and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said to them." Acts 4:23

I find it interesting that the Disciples went to "their own people" upon their release from the chief priests and elders. We can glean a little lesson from this simple choice. We too should turn to fellow believers, other Christians and "our own people" when we have been challenged by the powers of this world. We would do well and better to talk to each other from our perspective about what happens to us.

Recently I experienced this firsthand. After having a particularly vexing and challenging couple of days I was so glad to speak with a brother that I knew was praying for me. Not long, just a greeting and a few words, but very encouraging. Then a little later several brothers came to men's study and just to be around them and with them for minutes so blessed me.

When I am with "our people" it makes me stronger, gives me renewed hope and fresh faith. Just seeing that group of brothers briefly last night as they were coming out of study and I was finishing playing football with my grandsons was just what I needed. Their speaking to my grandsons and good words were very much what I needed.

So, I think we all ought to be with "our people" more often and appreciate it more often too. Let us report to one another and share our challenges. After all, His people are our people and they can be used by Him in our lives together.

Grateful,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment