Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The Name of Jesus

"Then they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus" Acts 4:18

"They" are the Sanhedrin, religious rulers of the day. "Them" refers to the Disciples, the followers of Jesus. We are headed for conflict. Whenever we must do what we must do and we are told not to, then we will be conflicted.

I avoid conflict, almost to a fault. Although, I am more likely to avoid it between others or with other friends, family and believers, but not so much with the status quo or powers that be. I am more torn by the request of a friend or family member to not speak of Jesus than I am the demands of society to not speak of Him. I should be bolder with those closest to me, whether they are offended or not. God gives commandments, man does not. The name of Jesus cannot be silenced. We must speak of Him.

So whether your friends or family or your work or school, be bold about His Name. He is Jesus, our Lord and Savior. The world commands us not to speak, He commands us to speak. Easy decision, right? Right.

In Jesus Name,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment