Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ex Nil Nihilo Fil

"The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace." Psalm 29:11
In the creation, God spoke things into existence. I have always been inspired by the Latin phrase, ex nil nihilo fil. Out of nothing God made everything.
The voice of the Lord is ultimately powerful. He keeps the whole universe operating and sustains the cosmos and all life. When God gives strength to His people, this is a significant thing. His strength is sufficient to lift any burden, change any situation, remedy any problem and heal any brokenness. Just knowing that God is strong gives me peace.
I remember as a little boy, how secure and safe I felt when my Dad was near. He could lift anything, fix anything, figure anything out, and make everything O.K. He just had a way of being strong and taking care of whatever it was. My Dad passed some of that strength on to me by teaching me the importance of character and principles.
Our Heavenly Father gives us strength, and frankly, that is a big component of where peace comes from. Today, my peace that passes understanding comes from God, not from myself or anyone else. What a blessing it is to be able to get in touch with peace, deep within my heart. Even though times are tough, people are cruel and self-destructive, rumors fly, the needs are greater than the means to meet them, God’s strength gives me peace and my priorities are clear. GOD first, and everything else after that.
Besides, my Father (God) can fix anything, lift anything, figure out everything, and make everything O.K. This man believes that.
His,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment