Friday, October 16, 2015

"GOD'S PERFECT PLAN FOR US" Devotion by Church Council Member, Patrice Parker

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34

Every day when I pray the first thing that I say is “Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for today.”

Every day is a gift, a chance to begin again, and just like that saying that goes back to sometime long ago, “Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” Kinda corny but so true. Every day is a fresh start, a day to try again. Start to change a bad habit, or better yet, time to begin a new one.

It would be a good habit to remember that the Lord is with us always and he has plans for our lives. We spend so much time worrying about tomorrow and regretting the past. We cannot change what has already happened, but we can just move forward and walk tomorrow’s path with the Lord.

Every day we have here is a gift, a glorious gift from the Lord. We should not let that get buried in our daily grind but be aware that that we live each day with his Grace and love surrounding us. We need to focus on him being with us at all times.

We should be thanking him for each day and trusting him to lead us. When you pray for guidance, if you still yourself and listen with your heart you will hear what the Lord has to say. Life is full of unexpected things some of them downright scary. When you trust in the Lord and look to him for his guidance the answer will come. Sometimes in the most unexpected of ways.

It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord works, how he accomplishes his goals. The most recent events of my life just confirm that I am walking the path that he has put before me. He has a reason for what he is doing. Once again I will be stepping somewhat outside of my comfort zone. But he has never, not one time in my life, not given me the tools to do what needs to be done. My trust in him grows every day and I cannot wait to see what is on the path that I am now walking.

Your sister in Christ,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment