Tuesday, October 13, 2015

“JESUS IS CLEAR” Devotion by Pastor Fred Snider

“He said to them: It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:7-8

Jesus is so clear when He speaks. He is corrective and inspiring at the same time. The disciples are so like us. We want to know what we want to hear. And...we don't want to hear what we need to know. Basically Jesus tells them they don't get to know the details, but they will be empowered to fulfill His plan. What about my plans? My ideas? If I were God..... etc., etc. It is like when my mother told me what to do and I tried to change the subject or tell her something I already did or could do. Then she would just repeat the directive until I did what I was supposed to do. What is God expecting us to do? We probably ought to get on that first. Like the old saying goes..."what part of no don't you understand?" After I was done trying to distract my mom from her original directive, she narrowed it down to a one word directive. "Trash!!" What's one word directive do you need to obey from God? "Pray!", "Study", "Go", "Give", "Serve", "Shh".

Enough suggestions, you got it right?

With Love,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment