Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I Wanna Be One of Those

"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him." Matthew 11:27

Jesus said some amazing and some mysterious things. This statement has a little of both. We certainly do not fully comprehend the inter-relationship of the Trinity. We do not fathom how the Father has committed all things to the Son. But, I do believe He has. The Father and Son have an intimacy of relationship that cannot be understood in human terms. They have a symbiotic thing going on that defies definition. I can accept this. I can appreciate that how the Trinity works together is beyond me and how the Father and the Son know one another in a cosmic, seamless way happens whether I get it or not. You see, we don't have to understand to believe. I can accept things that I don't understand. I actually am blessed by the mystery of things that I cannot comprehend. If I can't completely understand it then for sure I shouldn't be trying to control it in any way, shape or form.

The mysterious part of the verse really is the end. Jesus states that although we cannot understand the total intimacy of the relationship between the Father and the Son, the Son can choose to reveal the Father to us. Oooooh, I want to have the Father revealed to me. There have been a choice few times in my life when I believe I have seen a glimpse of it. Oh, I understand that no one has seen God. But, there is a way that the Son can reveal aspects of the Father to His followers.

I have experienced this in worship at moments when I am fully and freely glorifying God. I have experience this at the moment when people accept Christ as Savior. I have experienced this when people have passed from this life to the next. I have experienced this when an epiphany from Him is revealed. I have experienced this on my knees and on my face receiving grace from Him that I don't deserve. It is beyond inspiration. It is more than an emotional experience. It is a spiritual glimpse of the holiness and grace of God that is perhaps beyond words. I am confident of this. I wanna continue to be one of those that He chooses to reveal the Father to. I want for you to one of those that He chooses to reveal the Father to. Please don't think I am trying to describe something that somehow makes those who have experienced it special. If anything it made me feel humble. Desire deeper things. Be hungry for truth. Seek Him with your whole heart. Be available to be used by Him. We cannot understand everything or sometimes much of anything. But, we can know more and experience more. Join me in wanting to be one of those who wants more and more.

In Him,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment