Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Refuge

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. " Psalm 34:8

Hello everyone! I hope you all are having a great week so far. I just wanted to share this verse that came up in my readings lately, because even though I know we all have heard this verse before, I think we always hear the first half, and forget or miss out on the second portion. That part brings immense comfort to me: "blessed is the one who takes refuge in HIM"! With all the craziness that life brings, we are often easily tempted to take refuge in earthly things that only bring temporary respite. How much more would we be refreshed if we took our comfort and refuge in Him?! We could do this by taking a quiet moment alone with Him, breathing deeply and meditating on His words, reading some scriptures or a devotion book, praying and listening, etc. I'm sure there are even more ways to find our refuge in Him. What do you think? What are ways that you take refuge in God? Let me know what works for you. Let's ponder and work through scriptures together, that's the best way to go deeper and discover more truth.

In Love,
Gabby Botts

No comments:

Post a Comment