Friday, August 7, 2015

Devotion by Church Council Member, Patrice Parker

“I am the way and the truth and the light. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:6

The context of the passage is the Lord is having a conversation with the disciples and telling them not to be troubled. If you believe in God, believe also in me. That His Father’s house has many rooms, and that He (Jesus) will prepare a place for them and to be prepared to go with Him when He comes back.

That sums it up very succinctly and to the point. If we trust in and follow the Lord we will be with Him and the Father for eternity. Sounds fairly easy when you read it but we all know that sometimes the path that we walk with the Lord can be difficult.

When our path becomes rocky, our lives difficult, and things just seem to be going against what we have planned, we forget that the path that we should be walking is not the one we have planned for ourselves but the one that the Lord has planned for us. It’s easy to think that we are in charge, but the reality is that we are not. We should be asking the Lord to guide us and provide the answer we seek or to lead us to the path we should follow.

It is difficult to give your troubles up to the Lord. But I know from my own recent experience that when something is difficult and scary that giving it to the Lord helps. It brings a bit of peace, takes your mind off of the problem just a bit. I don’t mean to say that you never worry about it again, but each time I found myself worrying about what was going on, I would tell myself that if I get bad news the Lord will show me the path to take to deal with whatever is coming my way.

I trust in Him. He hasn’t let me down yet. I can look back on my life and see everything he put in front of me, the wrong turns that I took and the correct ones that lead me to where I am today.

Some days are easier than others. He never promised me an easy life but I will take every bump and hill in stride and know that I walk daily with the Lord.

Your sister in Christ,
Patrice

No comments:

Post a Comment