Friday, August 28, 2015

"KNOWING AND TRUSTING" Devotion by Council Member, John Adams

As a church, we have been continuing to emphasize the critical importance of “knowing” the Word of God (i.e., the Bible) and actually living our lives based upon its absolutely reliable Truths.

One of the most basic being that we can (and must) put all our love and trust in God. So I encourage all of you to simply read, mediate on, and actually apply the following most foundational Biblical “truths” in your lives this week (and always!):

“Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:34-40)
(see also Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18)

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

“I took you from the ends of the earth; from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant’; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. “All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish. Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all.

For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” (Isaiah 41:9-13)

“Taste and see” that the Lord is not only “Good”, but is absolutely faithful and can be relied upon in every aspect of our lives if we will really put our absolute faith in Him and His promises every day and every aspect of our lives.

In Him,
John Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment