Tuesday, July 14, 2015

“Appointed”

“And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher.” 2 Timothy 1:11

So personal for Paul to share this. The gospel, which is our hope and our calling, is central to our faith too. Paul knew he had been chosen, appointed by God for a specific purpose. We can know this too. No, God isn’t still appointing Apostles, but He is calling disciples. Apostles are those who have seen Him and were set apart specifically to initiate the spread of the gospel after Jesus ascended. Disciples are His followers ever since. For over two thousand years people have been responding to God’s call upon their lives. I have been called and so have you. I am confident that God has specific plans for your life that can be discovered through prayer, study of His word, serving Him and empowerment from the Holy Spirit. We all have at least one gift to serve Him with. There are lists of gifts in Paul’s letters, but I believe He Himself would want to reveal to you, through seeking Him earnestly, or being mentored or setting aside a season to deepen your faith and pursuing His heart for you. Maybe your biggest question may be… “What if He wants me to do something I don’t want to do?” I would say to you that is probably the enemy dissuading you before you even know what He has in mind.
I once said to Him sincerely… “Whatever, wherever!” So I am here until He says differently.

And you?
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment