Thursday, July 30, 2015

“YOU DECIDE”

"Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7

Giving is an extremely sensitive subject. So much so that I titled this devotional "You Decide" instead of "Giving" or "Cheerful Giving". This is such a rich verse for me. God has been blessing Grace Harbor Church and School beyond measure in recent months, so the timing of this writing is not related to any need. In my life at this time, I am learning much about giving, especially about generosity. It seems I am being freed up to give lately on a level that I have not experienced before. I must share with you because it is blessing me so much, I just have to share. As I reread this particular verse I think I am understanding why. Let me give it to you in a few bullet points.

• My heart for Him is leading me.

• My decisions to give and be generous are being directed by the Holy Spirit.

• I have no sense of obligation, compulsion, but complete liberty in doing so.

• The joy, partnership with God and cheerfulness I receive from it are off the chart.

• Much of it is random and somewhat spontaneous; some is planned and targeted as I am led.

• I have also been the recipient if much generosity in my own life lately.

Whatever it is or means, I know this verse to be true from experience. I recommend praying about it and freely doing what the Lord speaks to your heart.

Blessed,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment