Wednesday, July 29, 2015

"SO BIG" by: Church Council Member, Gabrielle Botts

"Your unfailing love, Oh LORD, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths." Psalm 36:5-6

I love these verses! They show me just how BIG our God is. God is outside of everything in this world that we can see, and everything we can imagine. How often do we try to box God in to what we think He's like, or try to figure God out with our finite minds? It's impossible! Mull over these two small (but mighty!) verses and think about God's infinite love for us.

When I am reading scriptures, sometimes I like to draw it out. It makes the words stand out, and helps me to remember them better. Now, I'm no artist, but it doesn't even matter. You don't need to share the drawings with others! For example, for these verses, I drew mountains along the shoreline of the ocean, and wrote each verse next to the pictures it corresponded with. I tried to include the picture on this, but the formatting was giving me issues, which I apologize for. So, I encourage you to try this strategy out for yourself! See how it can make the Bible come alive for you! It's fun too, even if you're not very artsy. Remember, God is the ultimate artist, just look around.

Have a lovely day,
Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment