Monday, July 13, 2015

God’s Dwelling Place #10 by: Suzanne Teuben, Director of High School Ministry

“In Him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit.” Ephesians 2:21-22

So where is the tabernacle now, the place where God chooses to dwell and bring glory to His name? The answer is found in the verse above: you and me as followers of Christ! In my opinion, the Holy Spirit is often underrated and under-appreciated. Let’s recall the words of Jesus recorded in John 16:7, “But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you: but if I go, I will send Him to you.” Jesus told His disciples that it was a good thing for Him to leave this earth. How could it possibly be a good thing for Jesus to leave their presence? Because He was sending someone in His place, the Holy Spirit. Jesus was fully God and fully human in His incarnate body, whereas the Holy Spirit is fully God and without the constraints of a physical body. The Holy Spirit is capable of being with you and me 24/7, despite any physical distance between us.

I want you to be encouraged today by the fact that God desires to dwell within you, the one He created, prunes, and loves unconditionally. His glory will be reflected in any place or any person in whom God chooses to dwell. What an honor to be chosen to represent His name as a church body each time we gather at Grace Harbor but also as individuals every day of our lives! Let us not take lightly this weighty responsibility to be a walking temple of God’s Holy Spirit.

It has been a pleasure studying His Word with you over the past 10 weeks. I hope these devotionals have been an encouragement to you but even more, I pray they have ignited within you a desire to dive deep into His Word.

His temple,
Suzanne Teuben

No comments:

Post a Comment