Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Numbers

Psalm 147:4 He determines the number of stars and calls them by name.

Step back I say. We are talking about my God here. Do you realize we have no idea how many stars there are, much less what their real names are? This very thought has me in near tears of awesome amazement.

I can't even remember the names of the color spectrum without using the name of Roy G. Biv to help me. I pretty regularly come up with 6 Dwarfs and struggle almost every time to figure out the last one.

I have to pat myself down every time I leave the house to make sure I have the keys, glasses, phone and wallet on me.

God, on the other hand, not only determines the ever-changing number of stars, but while He is at it, names them and at any moment could name even the ones we don't know about yet. That's what I'm talkin’ about. That is my God!

Any questions? Wanna wonder whether He knows what is going on with you or not? Enough said.

Well maybe I will say just a little more about my God. The Bible says He knows how many hairs are on my head, how many went down the drain yesterday, today and tomorrow too. Wow!!! Tonight I am going to look up in the sky and just appreciate how awesome my God is and be grateful that He cares for me so much that He made a way for me to be with Him forever.

I wonder how many stars there will be forever? Just a thought. God knows and knows their names too. All the more, He knows me and you too. Our God is indeed an awesome God. Think about it. Now I have tears and a smile..... a wonderful combination of feelings that fill my heart with sincere gratefulness.

Now... Enough said (for now:)... Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment