Friday, December 31, 2010

SURRENDER

Our Friday Devotion comes to us from Council Member, Kim:
ROMANS 13:1 and 2 ……..everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. (verse 2) Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

As we head into the New Year………I ask each one of you to really examine your life, your lifestyle, how are you living for CHRIST?? I started reading this book called “Surrender” by Nancy DeMoss and I want to share a little bit of what God has laid on my heart from this book.

Surrender………what does that mean to you?? To me, it means to give up something, what is it as a Christian does it mean ?? It means to give up EVERYTHING………come to Christ on HIS terms. We need to lay down our arms and hand everything we have and everything we are to God. Is anyone missing peace in their heart?? Well, Peace is what I want back in my life and I know it has to start with me. So what do I need to do ? First, I need to ask God to renew me and then I have to remind myself and say each morning, Lord your will be done not mine. There can be no place with God nor can there be peace in our hearts until we Surrender. It is time as Christians to get back on our knees and if you have to do this daily – then do it……..it is so worth it.

Surrender your all to God………stop being at war with God………make a decision for Christ and follow through by daily surrender. Christian surrender brings us what we now see is beauty, life, joy and true good. Oh how I want this in my life………I hope you do to………SURRENDER my friends.

In HIM, Kim Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment