Thursday, December 2, 2010

God Never Makes A Mistake

Today’s Devotion comes from Council Member, Kim Caldwell

1 Peter 4:19 for if you are suffering according to Gods will keep on doing what is right and trust yourself to the God who made you for HE will never fail you.

I can look back over the years and see that our God has made NO mistakes………the difficult stuff in our lives are there for a reason. Have you ever asked why am I suffering? Why am I struggling? I sure have and I hope that going forward I will be able to hold on to this teaching. God does not say that we will be free from suffering, but Romans 8:28 says "and we know that all things work together for good to them that love God' There are reasons things happen and we may never understand why but God does NOT make mistakes.

When we pray we need to pray request – not prayer answers – you see, if you pray answers you are demanding that God do something right now……when we bring God our request, we are saying Lord here is my need, my circumstance, my issue with this person or whatever it may be and ask HIM to answer according to HIS will.

God has given us a free will and the privilege of saying all right Lord I am free – I have a free will but I want to do what you know is not a mistake in my life. Knowing that we have a God that never makes a mistake – WOW – just think about that for a minute. God knows all of our WHAT IFS………

When you finally recognize this even during trials it is possible to have JOY – Philippians 4:6 says "be careful for nothing but in everything be prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God"

If we are going to have people who really want to be prayer warriors – it is going to take a commitment to Gods will – it is being willing for HIS WILL and giving thanks for ALL things unto God – Can you willingly say and mean it “Lord I am willing for you will”?? Oh how I believe that our church could be turned upside down if we started praying this way.

God Bless,

Kim Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment