Friday, January 21, 2011

He is "Everything" To Me

Our Friday Devotion comes to us from Council Member, Char:

Since last Sunday's service, a song that Dawn must have picked especially for me has been on my heart ever since. It seemed to set the tone for everything that transpired during the entire Church service, which was wonderful. There was just a sense that the "spirit" of the Lord had inhabitated our tiny little Church that is a "harbor of grace" (and love and mercy) for so many people.

By now, you've probably figured out the song I'm talking about. It describes with perfection what our God should be for all of us. This week, in particular, has been an extremely difficult one for me and my family, and somehow, this song continued to come into my heart and offer me that peace that only He can give.

You know why? I do. I have peace BECAUSE - - -

He's my COMFORT;
He's my HEALER;
He's my SHELTER;
He's my REDEEMER;
He's my FORTRESS;
He's my STRONG TOWER
and
He is EVERYTHING to me.

I have always tried to think of myself as a person who is positive minded and not prone to give in to a defeatest -type attitude. But, with that being said, I also realize that there are times when things going on around us seem overwhelming and it's hard to see light at the end of the tunnel. I'm happy to say that this song kept coming back to me, over and over, this week. I'm giving all praise, and glory, and honor to Him who created me, Jesus Christ, My Lord and Saviour. As the song sung to Him says - - - "You brought me out of darkness, picked me up when I was down. You touched me, gave me another view, then You turned me around. You are always there to hear my prayer, and Your peace You give to me. I can call your name for Your Word proclaims, YOU WILL BE EVERYTHING that I need."

Isn't it really true that that He is everything that we need? When it's all said and done, who else do we know that has all of these attributes and stands ready to share them with us each and every minute of each and every day of our lives? There's a pretty annoying expression that you've probably heard that says something "is to die for", usually being spoken about "a dessert", or "a car", or "a favorite meal", and the list goes on. When I hear that expression, I often think, "Are they serious?" Is that really worth dying for? What is worth dying for? Our God believed that we were worth His Son dying for us. For that, we should all be so grateful and make Him EVERYTHING to us, by reading, living, and sharing His Word daily.

Thank you Dawn for sharing the inspiration for my devotional this week, and Thank You Jesus for being everything that I needed this week. Wishing each of you a very blessed weekend. If you don't have a Church home to worship, you should know that you are always welcome at our harbor of grace on Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m.

In Him, Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment