Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Psalm 92

Psalm 92:8 "But you O Lord, are exalted forever."

Every once in awhile I try to put one of the Psalms in my own words. This particular one is pretty easy to do that. If you ever want to get more out of the Bible, try expressing one of the poetic passages in your own words. Note: I am not suggesting that we rewrite doctrinal sections of the Word of God. We don't need to add our thoughts to His Word. But, in these expressions in Psalms it is inspirational to put it in words that come from our own experiences. So here is my brief synopsis of Psalm 92.

'Too cool to praise God first thing in the morning, to start the day loving him, and then thank Him again and for getting you through another day and night. Hum or whistle or sing the tune of a familiar song, just make it about Him. Be creative.... I sometimes provide my own percussion. I have to because I love Him that much.'

'Praising God just makes so much sense and is so real, especially compared to all the other nonsense and drivel life brings. I mean the world just doesn't get it, I watch the traffic or the crowd and wonder if anybody gives God a thought. I hope so. They choose what they choose. After all, this will all be gone, yet God is eternal, forever and ever. Everything else will disappear."

'I am so blessed... beyond measure. I have seen some awesome stuff in my life and I have read the end of the Book. He wins. Just need to be more of a righteous man, to flourish and let Him be God. Like a palm trees swaying in the beach breeze, keep making coconuts, providing shade and add to the beauty without going completely crazy. They weather the storms and keep doing what they do. Until it is time to stop, I just need to point to the Lord, keep loving everybody, Him first because He is perfect and I need to keep my head up and serve Him. He is not like what I don't like about life and that is the Rock I hold onto.'

Catch you later, Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment