Friday, September 25, 2015

“3 F’s” Devotion by Pastor Fred Snider

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7

These three f's ... fought, finished and faith surface as an illustration in our English translation of this Bible verse. Funny how we can easily presume that the Scriptures were originally written in English. They weren't, I hope you know. In the Greek, this alliteration probably doesn't even happen. But, my purpose is to help you remember a Bible verse, in English today.

I hope at the finish of my race I can indeed say that I fought the good fight, finished well and kept the faith. I bet you feel the same way. So let's agree that we will fight the good fight today. Not just the silly battles that distract us. Today we will finish what we really should do. Not just the obligatory stuff, but the eternally significant stuff especially. Today we will KTF too. You know, keep the faith. Believe enough to fight for it and finish something.

This is the day God gave us, so don't give up or give in or give less than an honest effort. Redeem the day. Make an eternal difference today. Do something that would glorify God today. Somebody will be blessed and you will be glad you did.

In His service with you,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment