Wednesday, September 23, 2015

“EAR TICKLING” Devotion by Pastor Fred Snider

"Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.” 2 Timothy 4:3b-5

Paul makes it clear that those who teach, preach or even witness must be careful not to stray from speaking the truth. Even though people can find somebody to scratch their itch or tickle their fancy, stay the course and share the Word from the Word.

I know not everyone who comes to Grace Harbor likes my preaching. Certainly those who don't return evidently didn't like it enough. I can't dwell on that. I do know that I can't change the truth to make people happy. Plenty of churches around and I am sure the large majority of them make an effort to teach sound doctrine. I am sure there are some that don't and tend to tell people whatever they want to hear. I am probably too much of a "people pleaser" as a leader, can't do it at as a preacher too. I am going to work on that.

Most leadership issues aren't doctrinal which makes preference, tradition, opinion and power very strong influences. But, as the Word says today... keep your head, endure hardship and do your job in His ministry.

Got it.
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment