Wednesday, September 30, 2015

“PAYBACK” Devotion by Pastor Fred Snider

"Alexander the metalworker did me a great deal of harm. The Lord will repay him for what he has done. You too should be on your guard against him, because he strongly opposed our message. At my first defense no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them." 2 Timothy 4:14-16

Paul's feelings are obviously all over the place. Like us, he struggles with personal hurts and knowing he should forgive and turn that over to the Lord. He is also feeling alone in the work and wonders where people were when he needed their support. He is real, honest, open, and transparent about what he is going through. As he sorts out and through it all, he ends with grace, saying that he believes wrongs should not be held against others. He does his best to let go. So should we. Let go and let God as the saying goes. All we can control is the grip we hold on the pain that is attached to us. We cannot restore everything or fix much of anything. But He can, if we will give it to Him.

In own life I do this with family, friends, the world, and yes, even church folk. Owning my own part, facing my own consequences and not prohibiting anyone else from doing the same is a powerful tool for moving forward, with the past behind me, His hope before me, and trying harder to appreciate the moment. Let us learn from Paul and be free to live for Christ.

In Him,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment