Friday, September 11, 2015

“I Pray You Enough” Devotion by Council Member Charlotte Adams

I don’t remember the origin of this piece that I became aware of, probably over ten years ago, but I have kept it on my desk and shared it a number of times with people that I thought just needed to hear that someone was praying for them. I have decided to add some Scripture verses to it, and now share it with you. If it speaks to your heart, keep it handy, and maybe even pass it on to someone that comes to mind who you know needs this “ministering” thought at just this very time.

I PRAY YOU ENOUGH . . .

I PRAY YOU ENOUGH sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.
Proverbs 15:13 - A happy heart makes the face cheerful.

I PRAY YOU ENOUGH rain to appreciate the sun even more.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 - Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

I PRAY YOU ENOUGH happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.
Romans 8:26 - In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

I PRAY YOU ENOUGH pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.
1 Peter 1:8-9 - Though you have not seen him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

I PRAY YOU ENOUGH gain to satisfy your wanting.
Numbers 6:24-26 - The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

I PRAY YOU ENOUGH loss to appreciate all that you possess.
Philippians 4:11-13 - I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

I PRAY YOU ENOUGH hellos to get you through the final good-bye.
Isaiah 57:1-2 - The righteous perish and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death.

Friends....they say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but an ENTIRE LIFE to forget them. Let those around you, a stranger or a loved one, know that you are PRAYING for them.

I PRAY YOU ENOUGH blessings for this weekend and the weeks that follow. You are invited to join us for fellowship at Grace Harbor Church Sunday mornings at 9:00 a.m. (Bible Study and Sunday School) and 10:00 a.m. (Worship Service).

Love in Him,
Charlotte Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment