Tuesday, September 29, 2015

“PERSONAL STUFF” Devotion by Pastor Fred Snider

"Do your best to come to me quickly, for Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia and Titus to Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you because he is helpful to me in my ministry. I sent Tychicus to Ephesus. When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, and my scrolls, especially the parchments." 2 Timothy 4:9-13
Have you ever read someone's diary or journal or personal letters? Life is complicated. Humans make things messy. There are almost too many relational subplots here to address. Without lots of details, here are some points to apply to our lives.

● in good relationships, doing your best is a good thing

● we should try to find positive change and closure in relationships

● people need to be able to go where they should be

● we are never completely alone, people will stick by you no matter what

● in Christ, all broken relationships can be forgiven

● be ready to return people's stuff to them

● some things and people are dearer to people than we understand

If someone read your personal remarks, would they get you? Do you know Paul a little better?

Food for thought,
Pastor Fred
Ps. I am sure there is more to these stories than we will ever understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment