Thursday, September 24, 2015

"POURED OUT" Devotion by Pastor Fred Snider

"For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for departure." 2 Timothy 4:6

This verse is personal for me at age 65. Within 5 years I will have been in ministry for 50 years. That is a significant golden anniversary. Dawn and I are approaching 40 years of marriage. Our children are in their 30's. I could be a great grandpa in a few years too. Wow. As I reflect on that I can relate to being poured out and an eventual ministry departure time coming. Like Paul, I must plan ahead. The drink offering was the conclusion of the sacrificial offering in the Levitical system. Paul knows he will be put to death soon, but also that he needs to wrap it up.

Please, humor me... this is not a resignation or a two week notice. But, it is an honest reflection that I need to have a succession plan. Even if it is some years, it is not decades. So, we keep pouring and He keeps filling my cup to be poured out again. Pray with me as I want to be on the center of His will and do what He desires and has planned for me. We all face these decisions in the bigger picture.

May we let Him have the handles in the pouring out process.

In His service as always,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment