Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Shelter, Shade and Refuge

"It will be a shelter and shade from the heat of day, and a refuge and hiding place from the storm and rain." Isaiah 4:6

In Isaiah 4, we are reminded of the Lord’s provision and guidance. He provides and guides. I love the four terms used to describe His glorious canopy of care. Shelter, shade, refuge, and hiding place. For me, these words mean something particular; maybe to you, too. Today a passage like this blesses me because of where my head and heart are at, responding to all that is going on around me. I’ll share my reflections and hopefully they will bless you, or you will receive something particular from the Lord for you.


1. A shelter represents a break from the never-ending demands and expectations I face.
2. Shade is a picture of hope for me; that pressures do let up.
3. Refuge means that I am safe in him from hurt, and failure, and anxiety.
4. The hiding place for me is how he holds me together, how He gathers me up in his arms, and squeezes out the trouble.

So, how are you doing today? When you read this it will be days after I wrote it. I will have moved onward and upward in Him ever grateful for His provision and guidance.

By His grace,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment