Monday, November 10, 2014

Well Done, Thy Good And Faithful Servant

As 1 write today for Friday's devotional, I do so with much sadness in my heart, but at the same time with a sense of peace. You might think that this sounds like a contradiction of terms, but for many of you who will be reading this devotional, I think that you know exactly what I am talking about, or better yet, who. Who indeed, but Lahoma. In trying to decide on the "most perfect" verse that would be fitting for Lahoma, I gave up after finding it almost impossible to pick one from the hundreds that all seemed to be just right. But, I finally decided on the one that we hear so often because the words do describe best the life that Lahoma lived. "Well done, thy good and faithful servant: Matthew 25:21. And all of God's people and ALL THOSE WHO LOVED AND LOVE Lahoma say "Amen." If 1 tried to go through and list all of the ways and deeds that Lahoma faithfully performed in His name, and for His glory, there would not be enough space to do so in this short devotional. However, just a few come to mind that we all were privileged to be a part of — Women's Bible Study ( she made the Bible scriptures come alive); Team 413 (people who never walked or ran more than a mile, or at all, were convinced by her that they could run or walk half or full marathons); Missions (she took it literally to spread the Good News to all parts of the world, not just California); Praise and Worship Team (she lifted her strong Soprano voice at every opportunity); Church Council (sharing of her gifted leadership skills); Mentor (there are so many young women who were blessed by her guidance); Artist of the Most High God (how many God-inspired murals, art projects at our Church come to mind); Teen Challenge - Los Angeles (she really did believe that every person has value), etc, etc., etc.

It has now been two and-a-half days since this world has been without one of the most "larger than life" persons I have ever had the privilege to know and be a part of my life. It's difficult to talk about her name in the past tense because I'm certain that I, like most of you, am still trying to grapple with the reality that we will not see Lahoma here again on this earth. That's where the sadness comes in. But, I know without a shadow of a doubt that those of us who share Lahoma's belief in the one and only true God, Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, that we will see her and be together with her again in Heaven. That's where the peace part comes in. As I am going through the days and my mind invariably wanders back to thoughts of Lahoma, with a strong sense of loss and emptiness, I turn back quickly to this promise and peace returns because I have God's assurance that Lahoma is alive and in the Lord's presence for eternity. What could be better than that? Isn't this what we all want when our numbered days here are done?

I'll end with this verse that spoke to me which 1 know Lahoma would want to share with us. "... do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry. For I am already poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. 1 have kept the faith. Now, there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award me on that day...". 2 Timothy 4:5-8 God Rest Your Precious Soul Lahoma. See you again soon.

Wishing all of you a very blessed weekend. As always, if you do not have a Church home, Grace Harbor Church invites and welcomes you to join us at 10:00 a.m. for worship, praise, and fellowship with fellow Brothers and Sisters In Christ.

In His Love,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment