Monday, November 3, 2014

The Savior of the World

"We have seen and testify that the Father has sent His Son to be the Savior of the world." 1 John 4:14

I so want to catch the infectious spirit of the early believers again in my life. You do know of course, that we too have seen and testify that the Father has indeed sent His Son to be the Savior of the world. Isn't that what the world needs? Doesn't it need to be saved? Doesn't it need to be rescued? Isn't the world in peril? It certainly is. More importantly to God, every individual on the face of the earth needs to be redeemed. Why isn't that the most important thing?

I remember when I lived and breathed, and moved, and did everything, every waking moment because of this truth. Oh how the worries and troubles of this world weigh us down. Have you ever had fervor about your faith? Have you ever been part of something so exciting and so amazing that you just couldn't get enough of it? I am not talking about being a fan. or addicted to something. or even being an ardent follower. I am talking about being SOLD OUT to Christ!!!! Totally committed, and anything that wasn't associated with doing whatever the Lord could use me to do, used to be just the filler until I got back to the most important thing.

Any more, it seems like He has become the filler in between the urgent matters that consume life. I want to see that passionate fire again in believers. When we truly put Him first, this can happen. But, we gotta see, and testify to it, and speak it, and live it, and breathe it, and make it the heartbeat of our existence. GOD THE FATHER HAS SENT HIS SON TO BE THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD!!!!! What could possibly be more important than that?

Lord, fill me with your fire and with your Spirit to inspire your people to live for you every moment. I have seen this and know it and have not forgotten what it felt like to be totally in love with the Lord to where I was hungry and thirsty for more, and more, and more. We have seen the beginnings of God at work in our midst, but there is so much more. Lives to touch. Ministry to do. Souls to reach, and Hearts to change. O God give us Your power and Your Holy Spirit to do your will. Hope this wakes a memory in you or begins a new passion in you for all that God wants to do through us.

In His Service and for His glory,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment