Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I'm Homesick

"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and Godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with His promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the HOME of righteousness. So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward TO THIS, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with Him." II Peter 3:10-14


Our dear brother, Andy Thomas, once sang an amazing MercyMe song for our morning worship service. The song is called "Homesick", and it really touched my heart and reminded me once again that although we live here in this world, it is NOT our home. Jesus said that we would face trials and tribulation but to take courage because He has overcome this world. He died on the cross so that you and I could be reconciled with our Holy God Who sits on His throne, no matter how this world rages around us. Dear brothers and sisters, we need to keep our heavenly perspective when our earthly vision gets difficult. One day, we will be caught up together with Him in the clouds, and our Heavenly Father will gather us up into His big strong arms and hold us close for eternity, and we will be in His awesome presence FOREVER. This world is a fleeting breath of air, gone in an instant compared to eternity in heaven with our Daddy. Jesus is coming back for us, He hasn’t forgotten us, He knows where we are, and He will be here soon! I Thessalonians 4:16-18 says: "For the Lord HIMSELF will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will be with the Lord FOREVER. Therefore, encourage one another with these words." When life gets tough, when you feel discouraged, I want to ENCOURAGE you with these words from scripture that were recorded to comfort us, and remind us that one day we will be really Home, and because of this, our hearts long for that day because we know it will be a time of sweet reunion and celebration and worship and eternal peace and provision and so much more than our tiny human minds can fathom.

"After this, I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation.. tribe…people… and language, standing in front of the Lamb. They wore white robe and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice: Salvation belongs to our God, Who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.’ These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. There, they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple; and He Who sits on the throne will spread His tent over them. Never again with they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat down on them, nor any scorching heat, for the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their Shepherd; He will lead them to springs of Living Water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." Revelation 7:9-10, 14-17

"Father, remind us that You are here with us during this temporary time on earth, we are only passing through, and we are heading home to be with You soon. God, we are out of place here in a world that will soon pass away, but Your Words NEVER pass away, and Your promises are sure. Father Abba Daddy, we are reaching for You this day, we long to See Your Face, show us Your glory, show us Your passion, show us Your heart that longs to be with Your children. God, please comfort your people, Lord Jesus, remind them that some day YOU will take Your own nail scarred hand and wipe away our tears. Father, we long to be Home with You, but we will continue for as many days that you give us here. Holy Spirit, Fill us with Your peace that passes all understanding, and give us strength to take just one more step, one more breath, one more day, and remind us that each one brings us closer to YOU! In Your Name we pray, AMEN."

Here are the words to the song below, and I pray that you will close your eyes and SEE HIS FACE, and realize that you are "out of place" here on earth, and that God will give you strength to keep running this race until you cross that heavenly Finish Line and Come Home! I've never been more homesick than now!"
Shalom,
Sister, Lahoma

Homesick, by MercyMe
You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now

Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now

In Christ, there are no goodbyes
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
To see you again

And I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow

No comments:

Post a Comment