Friday, March 30, 2012

Become Like Little Children

"At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, 'Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?'

He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: 'I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.'"
Matthew 18:1-4

Sometimes the best way for adults to get a fresh perspective on God, life and all the other little things going on is to see them through the eyes of a child. My son writes a journal regularly as part of his schoolwork and recently he wrote one about "What is the most important thing in your life?" and shared it with his teacher and classmates. I thought is was outstanding, so he gave me permission to share it as well. I hope you enjoy it.

Keeping perspective,
Alan


The most important thing in my life is accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. It started with a visit to my grandparent’s church. Grandma allowed me to wander around and explore this huge old building and I discovered a long, dark, narrow stairway. Grandma told me it led to a baptismal bath where many of my family members had been baptized, my mother included. I wanted to do it too. My grandmother talked with me about Jesus and said someday maybe I would be baptized there too. Fast forward, a year and my parents sent me to a private Christian school and we started going to church there too. Every day we would read from the Bible and learn something about Jesus. It was in the third grade, that I accepted Jesus. I asked him to come in to my heart and be my friend forever. I can talk to Him and tell him all the things that I struggle with and He still loves and forgives me. Accepting Jesus does not mean that you are suddenly the perfect person and do everything right. In fact, sometimes it seems like things get harder. My mom says that everything happens for a reason so try to learn something from everything that happens. Another important thing is to share your faith and that is really hard for some people to do but if you care about people and Jesus says that you should love everyone, you will find a way to share with everyone.


This is my way to share it with you. I hope that you already know Jesus as your Savior because that means that you will have all of eternity in Heaven as opposed to the alternative, which is Hell. If you do not know Jesus as your Savior, I urge you to find a Bible and read about Him. It will make such a difference in your life. You no longer need to fear anything. You can have hope when it seems like there is no reason for hope. You can have peace when it seems like everyone is at war.


(written by Miles)

2 comments:

  1. Precious! "and a child shall lead them"
    Thank you for sharing,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan - this is a wonderful testimony, and well written by Miles! When my grand-daughter told us over the Christmas season that Jesus was her best friend, and that she wanted to live her life for Him, we were astonished and blessed at the same time. She went from that amazing statement to go on to explain why (he died for us on the cross, etc, as she explained the Gospel message. She is barely 4. My congratulations to Miles, and to you and Michelle as well - he is being raised in the admonition of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete