Thursday, March 31, 2011

Love Shall Persevere

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13:6-7

Another one of the vanishing principles is perseverance. To me the opposite of perseverance is simply giving up. I'm either, by the grace of God, going to make it or I'm not. At this point in my faith development, I wholeheartedly believe that He will carry me through to the very end and beyond. Isn't it interesting that we even consider an option of not making it? For even if I don't or can't or won't, He will. As long as I put my faith in Him, I can persevere.


No matter how “severe” the situation or circumstance of my life is, I know that He can help me through it all. Since we know that we won't give up because of His ability to finish, we should keep on keeping on. Not only in principle should we not give up but in practice, as well.

I can persevere more effectively if I am in His Word, pray, serve and believe. His Word assures me that we can persevere. When I pray it is part of the practice of persevering; in
service I am persevering because I don't always feel like doing it,...and in believing I am trusting Him for everything and therefore persevering.

There are two things that the Lord is constantly speaking to my Spirit. 1 - "I Love You" , and 2 - "Everything is going to be OK" , and even when it is not, it is because of His faithfulness that I will persevere. I, like you, have been through a number of difficult times in my life. When all else was failing, and when there seemed to be no way....somehow in those moments God's power, strength, sovereignty and love saw me through. I have thought a few times in my life,..."How am I going to make it?" – “How am I going to get through another day or moment?” Since I am here now talking about it, I do seem to have survived. But in the midst of my trouble, I wasn't sure. When those times come, and they may come again, I will turn to the Lord and say, “Because you persevered, I will too.”

You see He is able even when we are not. That is why I know I am going to make it, because He made it. He was victorious...even over death! What do I have to fear? Whatever it is, I will persevere. I hope you find strength in this encouragement, even to the degree that you will join me in my commitment to trust Him in everything, because He loves us and we really are going to be OK. Keep the faith; keep on keeping on and you will persevere.

Loving Him Back,
Pastor Fred

1 comment:

  1. Funny thing - I started to read this devotional yesterday but got caught up in other things and never got back to it. I only got as far as the scripture in green at the top. Well, last night Sam and I were discussing the very issue of perseverance based on some things we're dealing with. Here God is talking right back to us through you. I'm so grateful for your words, Pastor! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete