Monday, February 25, 2013

His Plan for You

"For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I have been a little under the weather lately. For awhile I have been fighting some bacterial infections and just as I figured that out and was getting better, my resistance was low and I picked up the flu bugs going around. What is interesting to me is that I was starting to accept that I didn't feel well and almost presuming that wouldn't change. After a barrage of over the counter meds, home remedies and probiotics, I now am on antibiotics for a few days and I actually feel quite a bit better. Don't sound like it or necessarily look like it, but inside me I know I am getting well.

I believe real soon I may be feeling better than I have felt for a long time. I don't like that I was thinking I wouldn't get much better again. We have a capability to “give in” to things as they are too soon sometimes. That is what I did. I lost hope and quit believing for the best. I went into “survival mode”, “cruise control”, “just getting by gear”. Well, I am getting back in “drive” and more under “His control” and “moving forward” mood. I've had some changes happen tome and around me lately and these affected how I was feeling. My mood and health and attitude kinda ganged up on me.

Well, I am getting over that but wanted to share a verse with you that helped me turn things around. Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Nothing like the truth to change my perspective. So His plan trumps my feelings, mu perception, my limitations and my thinking. I like His plan better than mine. I think I will go with that. Ahhhh...feeling better already. So I think I will give in to Him and get moving forward into thriving mode. Makes a big difference and it begins with the truth and submitting my will to His.

What does He have planned for you? Good stuff I hear, so be hopeful.

Joyfully,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment