Friday, January 27, 2012

Are You Listening?

Our Friday Devotion comes to us from Council Member, Kim:

"And He said, Go out and stand on the mount before the Lord and behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind, and after the wind an earthquake but the Lord was not in the earthquake, and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire, and after the fire a still, small voice……" 1 Kings 19:11 – 12

A still small voice…..are you listening???

Or are you to caught up in your daily life……get up in the morning make breakfast, feed the animals, get the kids off to school and then get yourself to work………work eight hours…go home – cook dinner…maybe throw a load of laundry in…. I am sure there is always something around the house that needs to be completed……BUT……did you stop today to listen……. I think some of us think that God will always slap us hard enough and we will say "Yes Lord you have my attention now"…….but this verse says…….after the fire, a still small voice. What if I am missing out on something God is trying to say to me because I am so caught up in the daily chores of life. God likes to speak in the still, small voice………the voice that not everyone will hear………the voice that only the committed will listen for.

What kind of voice from God are you listening for today ? Will you recognize the still, small voice when you hear it? Do you take time to be quiet and just listen?

Oh Lord……..I ask that you help me to be still and just listen to what you want me to hear…..never let me miss this opportunity. Thank you for never giving up on me. I love you Lord. Amen

In Him
Kim Caldwell

1 comment:

  1. Kim, thanks for this message. It's interesting timing because God has been showing me in this very week the difference between hearing and listening, so when I opened this devotional I knew God was driving home His point to me. Thank you for being His willing servant!! He just used you in a profound way for me today, so I'm grateful and I pray that my eyes, ears, and heart be open to not only hear Him, but to listen to Him as well.

    ReplyDelete