Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Word by Word

"God is our refuge and strength an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

Recently, I have been both tremendously encouraged and quite discouraged and this verse today is especially good for me. Let me break it down for you word by word with my first-thoughts reactions and responses about each word as I tried to let this all-important verse sink into my mind.

  • God (who else)
  • is (was and will be)
  • our (not just mine, everybody's)
  • refuge (Oh God, do I need one sometimes)
  • and (refuge sounds great... is there more?)
  • strength (get it from the cross.)
  • an (the next word must begin with a vowel :)
  • ever present (this means 24/7 - anywhere, anytime, all the time)
  • help (anybody besides me need some?)
  • in (I am definitely in it sometimes)
  • trouble (in the world; so good to know that God is with us.)

    I don't know how you read the Bible, or study it, or meditate on it. But, you might try this method sometime. Sure works for me to get more of a personalized message about its application.

    May the Lord today be your refuge and strength, may you have a constant awareness of His presence and power, especially if you are in trouble.

    With His Love and Mine,
    Pastor Fred

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment