Monday, September 23, 2013

I Got Your Back

"One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision, ‘Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.’ So Paul stayed for a year and a half, teaching them the word of God." Acts 18:9-10

Paul knew how to balance caution, boundaries and spiritual freedom. He was able to hear God embolden him for a long season and an important mission. God can help you know your limitations and cut you loose when He needs you. Paul heard God in a vision. God calmed him and reassured him. I have had this happen. The Lord from time to time lets me know He has my back, either through the encouragement of others, or in a dream or vision that still, small voice says to me, "You are going to be fine, don’t be afraid, keep sharing, I am with you, you are safe…" The boldness that comes from this reassurance is wonderful. He indeed, "never leaves us or forsakes us." He is truly with us, for us, and in us. Paul stays for 18 months longer because of this assurance. Life and ministry has its ups and downs, from the mountaintop to the valley. He is with us the whole way. We must trust Him for each season, long or short, high or low. As it says in His word, "He who began a good work in us is faithful and just to complete it." I just must listen, trust and obey, just like Paul.

With His Power,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment