Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What I Am

"I pray God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains." Acts 26:29

These are basically Paul’s words to everyone, all the time. He wants all to become Christians, not in name only, but servants of the Lord. Like Paul, what I am is a child of the King. I am a sinner saved by grace. I am an ever grateful believer in the only true redeemer. I am part of the Body of Christ. I am part of the fellowships of believers that know Jesus is the way, truth and life. I am a living witness to the power of God to save. I pray God that not only you but all who are reading this today may become what I am. Paul ends his statement saying that he wouldn’t hope for anyone to be in chains or falsely accuses, or victims of injustice. Paul wants most of all for everyone to be free in Christ. I too, would rather you knew Jesus than be rich, free, successful, or anything else. There is no greater thing than knowing Jesus. It is the ultimate experience. It is the only thing that supersedes everything else. As Paul would say, “For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” Just how sold out are you to Him today? Become what Paul became? Surrender to Christ. I have never regretted my decision for Christ. It was the most important decision of my life.

His,
Pastor Fred


No comments:

Post a Comment