Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving

Our Devotion comes to us from Council Member, Dolly Whitlock:

During the Thanksgiving season most of us think of celebrating the holiday surrounded by family and seated around a table overflowing with delicacies. I’d like to share this devotion that helps remind us that one day we will receive a bountiful feast from the most precious Head of the family.

Around the Father’s Table

Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the lamb! Rev. 19:9, NIV

For the past several years, my husband and I, along with our family, have celebrated Thanksgiving at my father’s house. . . The meal is always abundant and delicious—turkey with dressing and gravy, ham, green beans, … my mouth waters just thinking about it! But the highlight of Thanksgiving is not the food, or the televised football games, or the fun. The highlight is always the fellowship around the dining room table. As we sip our coffee and gorge on one last piece of pie, my father presides at the head of the table as each person shares what he or she is most thankful for.

One day, in my Father’s House, the table will be set and supper will be ready. One day all of the Father’s children will be seated around that table. One day My Father’s House will be filled with His family, and it won’t get any better than that!

Taken from The Joy of my Heart by Anne Graham Lotz, originally published in Heaven: My Father’s House by Anne Graham Lotz

Personal Invitation:

If you have not accepted Jesus as your Savior, this is the perfect time to do that and be welcomed into the family of God. Share your decision with Pastor Fred or a Church Council member so we can put our arm around you and give you a personal welcome. There’s always room at the table.

God Bless Grace Harbor and the Grace Harbor family, and we will remember to thank You for our many blessings this Thanksgiving Day.

Dolly Whitlock

No comments:

Post a Comment