Thursday, December 22, 2011

Not of This World

Dear Grace Harbor Family,
I wanted to take this opportunity to share with you the Christmas Letter of Aurelio Barreto, the founder and CEO of C28 Clothing Stores.

I read this and it inspired me that in the midst of all that is going on in the commercialization and marketing of CHRISTmas, here is a voice of faith and personal relationship with Jesus. I have always encouraged us to support Christian businesses and missions. I think after you read about Mr. Barreto's passion for Christ you will understand better why his slogan "NOTW" (Not of this World) is so compelling and why we should consider patronizing his stores. For those of you in Orange County, the C28 Store is located in the Main Place Mall. By the way, C28 is obvious code for Colossians 2:8 which reads "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ." In a time when it is so hard to endorse or get behind very many things, this one is really good. I hope Aurelio's profound faith touches your heart and that someday you will visit a C28 store. God Bless you as you too try to keep the CHRIST is CHRISTmas. In Christ, Pastor Fred

Dear Friends,
I wanted to first let you know how much we appreciate your continued support and prayers. Thank you for sharing what you believe in through what you wear! Please know that thousands of people have been prayed for at the C28 stores, and over 17,000 people have prayed to receive Christ Jesus as their Lord and Savior!!!

As I begin to celebrate Christmas, I'm drawn to the majesty of the Lord Jesus. Because Jesus is both Savior and Lord of my life, I have the peace and comfort I need to face the challenging times our nation is experiencing. This is not because it's Christmas, and not because I'm good or deserve anything, but because God is good and Jesus has fully reconciled me to God. Have you been reconciled to God by repenting and placing your faith and trust in Jesus? C.H. Spurgeon said: "If I have not sought forgiveness and been washed from these offenses against my Father, I shall feel at a distance from him; I shall doubt his love to me; I shall tremble at him; I shall be afraid to pray to him. I shall grow like the prodigal, who, although still a child, was yet far off from his father. But if, with a child's sorrow at offending so gracious and loving a parent, I go to Him and tell Him all, and rest not till I realize that I am forgiven, then I shall feel a holy love to my Father, and shall go through my Christian career, not only as saved, but as one enjoying present peace in God through Jesus Christ my Lord."

By God's grace I can savor the assurances and goodness of Jesus, even though things have not gone according to my plans. Will you? I know from personal experience, that no matter how challenging the circumstances, how discouraged or how lonely you may even feel at Christmas, God loves you and is with you wherever you may be in life. "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him 'Immanuel'-which means, 'God with us'." Matthew 1:23 Will you take a moment to close your eyes and choose to believe that God is good and that He is with you? Will you place your complete faith and trust in Jesus at this time? God loves you and wants a personal relationship with you through His Son Jesus. That's what Christmas is all about-God's unfathomable love for mankind and His gift of a Lord and Savior, JESUS! "We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

In His Grace,
Aurelio F. Barreto III, FOUNDER & CEO

No comments:

Post a Comment