Thursday, June 25, 2015

“Follow the Money” Covenant Series

“Whatever your treasure is, there your heart and thoughts will also be.” Matthew 6:21

You know the crime-solver advice of, “Follow the money.” It is true. If you want to know what is at the bottom of almost everything, just follow the money. Most of us claim to be poorer and “broker” than we really are. We like to compare ourselves to the few percent of people in this world who have more than we do and not to the overwhelming majority who have far less. We are blessed, fortunate, ungrateful and spoiled for the most part. In reality, only a few million people have more than me, while billions have less. We equivocate luxury and richness all the time. We could do a lot of soul searching about our stuff and resources. Some live within their means and seem to have more while others have more and can’t make ends meet. But, indeed where our heart and thoughts are, there goes the treasure, or the money. I have heard it said that whatever you think most about, that’s your God. Scary huh? Two things I want to say. Be more generous and also be a better steward. Here is a thought. If you were a better steward, could you be more generous? I could. Not easy to do; especially if you include time and talent with your treasure. I keep reminding myself to keep my heart and thoughts in the right place so I don’t have to follow the money.

Got me thinking,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment