Thursday, June 11, 2015

“Unworthy” By: Pastor Fred Snider

“Then Job answered the Lord, I am unworthy, how can I reply to you? I put my hand over my mouth. I spoke once, but I have no answer twice, but I will say no more.” Job 40:3-5

In this first and very short response, Job confesses his insignificance and covers his mouth so he won’t speak any more and make things any worse. His complaints are empty and so he wisely shuts up. He realizes his words are futile and decides to listen and stop speaking. Job doesn’t say much more other than to confess and repent that he said too much and did not understand, so he shouldn’t have spoken. He finally gets it, that he doesn’t get it, and despises himself for his pride, arrogance and presumptuousness.

We need to get to this place more often; where we are humbled and contrite, truly transparent and silenced. In the quiet of this devotional writing, I, like Job put my hand over my mouth because too often there are too many words. You know one mouth, two ears, so listen more. Right now I think these words will be enough. I am unworthy.

So amazed by His grace,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment