Thursday, June 18, 2015

“Our Calling” Covenant Series by: Pastor Fred Snider

“As a prisoner of the Lord then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.” Ephesians 4:1

Have you heard the old saying … “I think you missed your calling.” This is said when someone exhibits extraordinary ability to do something that was not expected. I have heard it said that I could have been a comedian. That’s not really funny. But, it is an ability that makes preaching more interesting. I have written before about my pastoral calling. I believe pastors should know from God that they are to be pastors. It is more a matter of the heart than it is one of schooling. My first calling as a believer was not to be a pastor. I was initially called to be a disciple. I believe all believers are called to be disciples, totally committed followers of Christ. Not only did Jesus call the twelve to be the original disciples, or more specifically Apostles, but He also calls every individual believer since to be His disciples. So what does the verse say about us? It says we should have a sense of urgency to live worthy lives of such an important calling. Often we don’t feel worthy, but He is. So we must respond to His grace and calling to shine for Him. I know this is convicting, it convicts me. I am convicted about the urgency of my calling to be more worthy.

Humbly in Him,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment