Wednesday, July 8, 2015

"The Purpose of Grace" by: Pastor Fred Snider

“God has saved us and called us to a holy life – not because of anything we have done, but because of His own purpose and grace.” 2 Timothy 1:9

I can’t save myself or anyone else for that matter. He, Jesus, saved me. Only Jesus saves. We need salvation and we are lost without it. Our only hope is in Him. He paid the price for our sin and has the right to command us to live holy lives. He will help us with that high calling, but we must connect to His purpose for us. He has saved us for a purpose by His grace. I can’t gain my salvation, nor can I justify myself in any way, shape, or form. I am noting just now that I am jumping back and forth between “I” and “we”. Probably because I am so aware of my own gratefulness for my salvation and my need to have a purpose of grace, at the same time, wanting that for us all so that we can be of one heart and one accord. It is vital to both the Body of Christ and us as individuals to help one another to promote personal and corporate holiness. The holy life is not the “holier than thou life.” It is the conscientious life of commitment to Jesus.

May we ever be mindful of the price that was paid so we could be part of His grander plan. May His grace abound in you today as you seek to find and do His will for your life.

With His grace,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment