Friday, May 4, 2012

A Little About David

"For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love." Psalms 33:4-5

The more and more I read the Psalms, the more and more I am impressed with David. He is an amazing man. When I learned two things about David that seemed so contradictory is when my respect and appreciation of Him began to grow.

Through the study of David’s life, I learned that he was a real guy and that he made a number of wrong decisions and failed more than once. I also learned that God said that David was a man after His own heart. I then was amazed all the more. How could such a regular guy be such a great example? If you study just the Psalms knowing just these two things about him, you can hear in his words why he and God were so close. In the verse of the devotional today, we see four basic and core beliefs of David that are key:

1. David believes in God’s Word as right and true, even when it convicts. 2. Regardless of circumstances, David knows God is faithful in everything, no matter what. 3. David understands that God wants us to be righteous and just even though we fall short. 4. God’s love never fails. David has received it in his heart at his lowest moments.

I am greatly encouraged, so let me build your faith with some specific applications since you know how David can be just like us, and that God used him mightily because of his heart. Here are four things I know because I relate to David:

1. The more I am in God’s Word, the better I do. 2. God is totally faithful, even when I am not. 3. The more righteous I am, the more I can see His consequences and accept His justice. 4. God’s love can change everything, starting with me.

That is what I get out of this. I pray you see and receive what God would show you. Basking in His grace, Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment