Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rest in Him

"Rest in Him" by Rebecca Sanchez is the fifth in a series of devotionals by the 2012 Grace Harbor Colombia Mission Team. I encourage you to remember Rebecca in prayer as she prepares to serve in Colombia.

"Come to Me, all you who are weary and weighed down with heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in spirit. Indeed, you will surely find rest in Me! My yoke is easy, and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

This verse speaks to me because lately I have been going through many struggles that have been stressing me out, like school, getting ready for college and many other things. Sometimes I just want to give up because I feel like all these things that I am going through are too much for me.

But then I remember that God will not give me more than I can handle. And this verse says that we should go to God whenever we are going through struggles. I know that God is always there for me and He has never let me down. He is the only one that can help me get through these difficult times, but I just have to trust in Him and He will give me rest.

Rest in Him,
Rebecca Sanchez

No comments:

Post a Comment