Monday, June 18, 2012

Contend, O Lord

"Contend, O Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me." Psalm 35:1

I wholeheartedly know myself to be way more of a peacemaker, and nearly not at all a troublemaker. Though I may speak somewhat awkwardly at times and get sideways with people, I do not do so maliciously. I do get frustrated with the troublemakers in the Body of Christ, but, I am not known to be a contentious person. I take and absorb a lot of general and targeted grief and guff and have weathered many attacks against me, my family, Grace Harbor Church and its members and leaders...., without a word.

We all know that all churches and ministries face these kinds of problems. I am not prone to be vindictive or retaliatory and I extend almost every possible grace, mercy and allowance I prayerfully can, in even brutal situations that come to my attention. I am known for 'cutting slack', taking the 'high road' and 'making amends'. …….BUT.... When anyone attacks His Church without mercy or tries to harm the Ministry of the Lord at Grace Harbor, I have a tipping point. If anyone has issue with me, Grace Harbor or one of its ministries or leaders, come to me and I will try to make amends or own my responsibility, or make peace with all parties, if possible. If that is not the course taken and the attack continues, then we must turn it over to the Lord and let Him contend for His Church.

Lately, I have witnessed a spate of baseless attacks on many levels. Some, border on being the heartless and mean-spirited type, where people will stop at nothing to get revenge or inflict pain or trouble. CAUTION! There is a place where The Lord takes up the fight and He contends for His Church, His Ministry and His Sheep, and even His Pastor. May God show mercy on us all and may we make peace, and forgive, and let go and move on, putting the past behind us. If not, we invite upon ourselves His consequences. Indeed HE has said "vengeance is Mine, I will repay." Please, let us all move forward in Him, no matter what the matter, seeking His will and allowing Him to sort the words and actions, the hearts and issues. I am earnestly, trusting Him in all of these types of matters, and encourage all to do the same. No more attacks and no more retribution. Everything before the Lord.

Let us all search our hearts before Him and heed the teaching and warnings of His Word.

In His Service,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment