Monday, July 30, 2012

Faces on the Ground

"Ezra praised the Lord, the great God; and the people all lifted their hands and responded, "Amen! Amen!" Then they bowed down and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground." Nehemiah 8:6

Tonight my face is on the ground. I am bowed down and worshiping my King. I am in utter awe of His grace and forgiveness. I say "Amen! Amen!" to Him. 'Amen' means "So be it" and I am asking God that His will be done in every area of my life, and in the life of His church.

As Pastor of Grace Harbor I must lead you in worship, not only in principle, but also by example. Sometimes as this verse says, we must bow down and worship Him with our faces to the ground and do so after we have lifted our hands to praise Him. Tonight, I am lifting my hands and praising Him by counting my blessings in the midst of some despair. The more I count, the less I despair. The less I despair, the more I can count. Once I get started I can just keep going. But I had to start by praising Him.

My greatest blessing is my salvation! What I could not do for myself He has done for me. Praise His Holy Name for that! I praise the Lord for the blessing of being the Pastor of Grace Harbor Church. I praise the Lord for the precious people of Grace Harbor. I praise the Lord for our wonderful church and school. I praise the Lord for our dedicated staff and Church Council. I praise the Lord for all the committed volunteers, leaders and helpers. I praise the Lord for the 'new things' He is doing in our midst.

My despair has lifted and now my worship is sweet and my face is more comfortable on the ground. I pray you are able to praise Him today. Count your blessings my dear friends and enjoy getting on your face a little more often. If it was good for Ezra, it is good for me and you too.

Praise the Lord!
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment