Friday, July 13, 2012

Intimacy with God

Our Friday Devotion comes to us from Council Member, Kim:

I have restarted a study on Enjoying Intimacy with God ….. I first started this book about 2 years ago and put it aside……..so I picked it back up and wanted to share with you some things that have really made me think:

It is me who determines the degree of intimacy with our Lord. Something that you enjoy doing and don’t feel like it is a chore. Do you sometimes wake up on Sunday mornings and say Oh I have to go to church again….? We are at this moment as close to God as we really choose to be. STOP…….don’t read any further until you can fully wrap your head around that statement……….do you want a deeper relationship with God?? If you say yes……..then what are you prepared to do ?? what price will you pay to have this intimacy with God? Do you settle for less ?? do we demand a different level of Christian living ?? If we are not in vital fellowship with God…….then everything will be out of focus.

Worship God – can you do this and ask nothing of God ?? I have never asked myself this question…….i think I hear myself always asking God for something but to worship God means to bow down and pay reverence to God. You need to have a clean heart so you can have a clear vision to see God. Worship flows from love. Give God the glory. Try it I dare you.

In our daily walk it is painfully true that sin breaks our fellowship with God BUT there is always a way back – God says if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness………..1 John 1:9. This means that you have to say your sin verbally to God out loud and ask him to relieve you of this sin and let it go. Don’t let your words be hollow words to God. God is always the God of second chances……..and this refreshes my soul.

I hope something stands out in this short lesson…….i love to read and journal what I read and then share the stuff that has really touched my heart and I pray that you will get something or at least start asking yourself some of the questions above.

In Him,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment