Friday, January 11, 2013

Another Case for Joy

"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music." Psalm 98:4

Let me make yet another case for joy. Lately, I have been suddenly filled with bursts of joy. My jubilance has been almost uncontainable, at times. Anyway, why should I contain it? This great gladness comes from stepping back from the woes and tribulations of this life, shaking off the doldrums and negativity, with large doses of objective truth and allowing myself to experience the joy of the Lord. That will make you want to shout.

Mind you, this phenomenon, which is happening with greater regularity, is coming at a time of intense attack from the enemy, difficult seasons in people's lives, broken promises, shattered dreams, relational disasters, and financial hardship. Yet, none of that changes the truth about God's love and plan. In the face of peril I am smiling, because I see God and I am joyful.

My faith is unwavering, my hope is sure, my resolve is confident, and my awareness of His presence is dynamic. That is why I want to shout for joy, let everybody shout for joy. You too, can see His hand, and His love, and His grace and mercy. Just look around you. Not at what the appearance is, but what the substance is. Faith is based on the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. My faith growing is leading to my joy rallying.

How about you? I know I am all over the spectrum of feelings from time to time, but when it comes down to the bottom line, I believe God has a plan and that Grace Harbor Church and School is in it, and that He will be victorious.

So my friends, Shout for joy, be jubilant and burst into song, for in just a little while we will be singing, He has done great things, He has done great things, great things He has done. Please shout for joy with me.

In Him, Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment