Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ten Things To Always Remember

I think that Pastor Fred said it best during Sunday's message, as he has shared with us several times before, "Isn’t that just like Jesus?" When we hear something that is immediately uplifting, don't you feel that it just had to come straight from God? We are constantly reminded in His Word of how much God loves us and how special we are to Him, so much so that He sent His one and only Son to die for us.

Last week as I was reading the "Ten Things to Always Remember", which is the cover for a Magnetic Notepad, given to me by my wonderful Sister-in-Christ (Krista) last year (which is attached to our refrigerator door), I thought how nice it would be to share them as part of a devotional message. I know that I must read them a couple of times or more during the week because they are very encouraging reminders. Although there were no Scripture references cited by the Notepad's author, Collin McCarty, the intended messages were clearly uplifting (and Biblical-sounding, huh?) So, when I heard Pastor Fred use the above expression last Sunday, I thought "a ha", it sounds like "the basis" for these very same thoughts came straight from where else - His Word, and the author had decided to merely paraphrase.

So, let's just see whether these 10 thoughts comport with what the Lord might have to say on these subjects.

1 YOUR presence is a present to the world ( Ephesians 1:4 -"For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight").

2 YOU'RE truly one of a kind. (Psalm 139:13-14 - "For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made").

3 YOUR life can be what YOU want it to be. (John 14:12-14 - "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.").

4 Take the days one day at a time. (Matt 6:34 - "Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."; Lamentations 3:22-23 "…His compassions never fail. They are new every morning").

5 Count YOUR blessings, NOT your troubles. (1Thess 5:18- "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus").

) 6 YOU'LL make it through whatever comes along. (Mark 10:27 - "…With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God".; Phil 4:13 -"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength").

7 Within YOU are many answers. ( John 14:15-27 - "If you love me, you will obey my command. And I will give you another Counselor to be with you forever - the Spirit of Truth…But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you… Whoever has my command and obeys them, he is the one who loves me…If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching… But the Counselor , the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have said to you…").

8 Have courage. (Joshua 1:7 - "Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go").

9 Be strong. (Joshua 1:6 - 'Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them."; Psalm 46:1 - "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble").

10 Wish upon a star, and don't ever forget how very special YOU are".; (Rev 22"12-17 - "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done…I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.")

This was, by no means, intended to be an exhaustive Bible Study lesson, but merely seizing the opportunity to remind all of us how very special we are to Him. What does He ask of us in return? He only asks each one of us to see our Brothers and Sisters as He sees them - "special" and so treat them accordingly. ("…I have called you friends, for everything I have learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other". (John 15:15-16)

Wishing you an "especially" blessed weekend as we fellowship together in His name. Charlotte

1 comment: