Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Wills & Will Nots

"I will sing of your love and justice; to you, O Lord I will sing praise. I will be careful to lead a blameless life---" Psalm 101:1-2a

Sometimes, we must not only make choices, but we must draw boundaries in our lives. In this Psalm, David speaks of what he will and will not do. For simplification, I have made a short list for us of the things that David says he will, and will not do. This is important because, we too often don't have boundaries or limits, and this makes it even harder to lead a blameless life. Though we cannot be perfect, we must make a much better effort at being blameless. Think about the difference. Use David's list to see if it would help you make a better effort.

David's wills and will not’s........

I will not look at vile things I will not be around perverse people I will hate the deeds of the faithless I will not have anything to do with evil I will not endure the proud or haughty I will not have deceivers in my house I will not stand with liars

I will sing of His love I will sing of His justice I will sing praise I will walk in my house with a blameless heart I will keep my eyes on the faithful I will be ministered to by the blameless I will silence the wicked I will cut off evildoers

Quite a list. Not easy. We live in a broken, sinful, and rebellious world. Being spiritually oriented is a fight. Almost everything around us is against what we believe. We must resist evil, and cling to what is good. He is good. Seek Him today with your whole heart. David was, by no means, a perfect man; but he was a man after God's own heart, because he fought the good fight and made an effort to lead a blameless life. Start with being honest with yourself, then seek God's face, and He will work with you. May His grace be sufficient for you today.

His,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment